Large table issue

quentin.narvor quentin.narvor at ensi-bourges.fr
Wed May 18 11:30:05 UTC 2011

 I am trying to detect problems on hosts in my network : I want to
 detect when a communication occurs with a compromised host.
 I have built a blacklist which holds near 2 millions ip (spam,
 malware.... hosts).

 But I can't load it into pf, I get this when I try :

      /etc/pf.conf:6: cannot define table bl: Cannot allocate memory
      pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded

 I suspect there is a memory limitation somewhere (in the kernel ??)
 which prevent me from loading the table but I am not very comfortable
 with kernel variables.
 I have already try modifying kern.maxssiz and kern.dflsiz without
 success.

 Any idea?