pf rules for pptpd

Mario Lobo lobo at bsd.com.br
Tue Aug 2 22:14:32 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 02 August 2011 16:20:24 Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX) wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a method of allowing pptpd
> and pf to get along.  It seems that using the ppp interface up and
> down scripts to add/delete interface-specific rules to pf is the
> way to go.  Are there any other methods people would recommend?
>
> --lyndon

This was the way I went. I started using pptpd but after a while (i said while
but could have been an upgrade, a new port install, etc...), somehow, it
started to randomly drop the connections, no matter what form of keep-alive I
used. I spent several weeks trying to find out why to no avail.

I finally gave up and switched to mpd5. I solved my problem and it has been
rock solid ever since.

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br