redirecting local traffic to localhost

Daniel Iliev daniel.iliev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 19:14:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a transparent squid.
While intercepting traffic from other hosts works fine, I can't figure
out how to redirect locally originated packets to the proxy daemon.
Squid is listening on 127.0.0.1:3128 with the "intercept" flag set. PF
redirects the http traffic like this:

rdr on msk0 from any to any port 80 -> 127.0.0.1 port 3128

So far, so good, but how should I redirect the packets from the squid
box itself? The rule I'm looking for looks like this on Linux:

iptables -t nat -I OUTPUT -m owner ! --uid-owner squid -p tcp --dport \
80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128

--
Best regards,
Daniel