kern/146832: [pf] "(self)" not always matching all local IPv6 addresses

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Sun May 23 22:06:41 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/146832; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Christian Laursen <xi at borderworlds.dk>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, xi at borderworlds.dk
Subject: Re: kern/146832: [pf] "(self)" not always matching all local IPv6
 addresses
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 15:50:16 +0200

 Just to make sure I reproduced it on -CURRENT from yesterday.

 FreeBSD pftest.borderworlds.dk 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #1: Sat
 May 22 21:53:04 CEST 2010
 root at pftest.borderworlds.dk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

 If I configure IPv6 via rc.conf this line:
 ifconfig_em0_ipv6="RTADV"

 Then the problem isn't there. "(self)" matches the autoconfigured address.

 However, if I remove that line from rc.conf and manually run the
 following sequence of commands:

 ifconfig em0 inet6 -ifdisabled
 ifconfig em0 inet6 auto_linklocal
 ifconfig em0 inet6 accept_rtadv

 and then wait for the autoconfigured address to appear on the interface.

 Then the problem I have described manifests itself.

 --
 Christian Laursen