can pf block a string ? or better, to limit it ?

Peter Maxwell peter at allicient.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 20:39:58 UTC 2010

Hmmm, off the top of my head: I wonder if you could use Snort and have that
do full packet inspection for you.  Then you should be able to script an
alert if the string is found and call pfctl to add the offending IP address
to a table that blackholes it.  Just a thought.

Or if you want to do it "properly", I'm sure you could code something along
the lines of a kernel module.