Problem with logging on message log file instead of security

Bastien Semene bsemene at cyanide-studio.com
Mon Jun 21 14:08:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

First, the problem concerns ipmon, but I didn't find its mailing list on
the website listing : http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo
I'm sorry if I missed it, and I will be glad if someone can point me the
right mailing list.

The problem is that my firewall logs are written in the
/var/log/messages instead of the /var/log/security  log file.
Ipmon manual says that by default messages should be sent to the
security facility.

/etc/rc.conf :
ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipfilter_rules="/etc/ipf.rules"
ipmon_enable="YES"
ipmon_flags="-Ds"
ipnat_enable="YES"
ipnat_rules="/etc/ipnat.rules"
syslogd_flags = "-s -b localhost"

/etc/syslog.conf :
*.err;kern.warning;auth.notice;mail.crit                /dev/console
*.notice;authpriv.none;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err
/var/log/messages
security.*                                      /var/log/security
auth.info;authpriv.info                         /var/log/auth.log
mail.info                                       /var/log/maillog
lpr.info                                        /var/log/lpd-errs
ftp.info                                        /var/log/xferlog
cron.*                                          /var/log/cron
user.*                                          /var/log/user.log
*.=debug                                        /var/log/debug.log
*.emerg                                         *
!startslip
*.*                                             /var/log/slip.log
!ppp
*.*                                             /var/log/ppp.log

Does someone encountered this problem before ?

--
Bastien Semene
Administrateur Réseau&  Système

Cyanide Studio - FRANCE