route-to with altq problem

Spenst, Aleksej Aleksej.Spenst at harman.com
Wed Jun 16 16:29:01 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have the problem that after redirecting the packets with 'route-to' keyword to the external interface $ext_if, the packets are not queued at $ext_if but directly go out. The problem is that I have configured queues (ALTQ) at $ext_if to make prioritization of traffic, but queues are ignored as packets are not queued.

Below is my pf.conf without queue configuration, which is not relevant here.
The last rule is never matched!!!

--- pf.conf ----
nat on lo0 proto tcp tag PRIQ5 -> ($ext_if)
pass out on lo0 route-to $ext_if tagged PRIQ5 keep state
pass out on $ext_if tagged PRIQ5 queue q5 keep state

Thanks a lot for any suggestion about how to force packets to go to queues at $ext_if after 'nat'.

Aleksej.