Time to upgrade the pf port in FreeBSD ?

Kristian Kræmmer Nielsen freebsd at com.jkkn.dk
Wed Jul 28 01:24:03 UTC 2010

  Hey,

As of time being, we still include pf as of OpenBSD 4.1 (released May 2007).

Recently syntax has changed a lot in the releases of pf in OpenBSD 4.7,
just notice that "nat-to" and "rtr-to" are now part of the
pass-commands. This means also means that refereeing to the OpenBSD FAQ
from the FreeBSD manual is close to useless. I have not be able to find
a online copy of the FAQ for PF from OpenBSD 4.1, so simply changing the
documentation link is not an easy option.

The later version of pf is easier to use.

So I was wondering, how many is actually using pf and is it time to get
together and update the current port of pf included in FreeBSD to a more
recent version?, e.x. the version from OpenBSD 4.7?

Has anyone considered this? / is anyone interested in doing this?

Best regards,
Kristian Kræmmer,
Odense, Denmark