Transparent bridge + PF + VPN + GRE Protocol

kevin k at kevinkevin.com
Tue Aug 31 14:27:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am attempting to setup a PPTP VPN on a client machine that is behind a
transparent bridged FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE PF firewall :

FreeBSD xx-xx 8.0-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p4 #11: Wed Aug 18 07:10:10
EDT 2010

My preliminary pf.conf directives simply pass in quick and pass out quick
proto gre. Unfortunately it appears as though packets are being dropped at
the firewall level for said protocol.

I'd like to appeal to the collective experience here in the hopes that
someone may have a similar environment where PF + GRE + PPTP are working.

Please let me know if any additional information is required.

Thanks,

Kevin