Extremely simple redirect rule doesnt appear to be working

Balázs Mátéffy repcsike at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 10:13:03 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I think you should check pfctl -sr and pfctl -sn that your rules are ok, and
you don't deny that traffic explicitly.

However, I don't want to start a war, but on a machine I experienced that
with FreeBSD 7.0 or 7.1 the pf redirections didn't work, after a minor
release update, the problem went away with the same ruleset! (I think it was
7.0 and updated to 7.1 to get it working again)

But rdr pass should add the permitting access rule for your redirection
entry.

Maybe logging can help you too: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/logging.html

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,