Authpf -remove only anchor

Olli Hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Mon Apr 13 14:48:34 PDT 2009

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there is any patch which alow me to delete only anchor rules
> for
> authpf.
> Authpf usually closes all conections including ssh. I did some
> modifications
> which allow me
> using authpf as normal program (executing from shell) but this close all
> my
> conections at the end.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sebastian Tymkow

No, but you can look at into the function
authpf_kill_states in file src/contrib/pf/authpf/authpf.c

My question is for what exactly do you use authpf?

I use a modified authpf shell inside a chrooted cvs server
to terminate only the ssh session and allow a tunnel to the
pserver port. This way I can provide secure access to the
cvs service to non existent system users. Access to pserver
is provided via sshd_config.

Even it is a good benefit to lower connections from the scrappy
Tortoise and Eclipse which tries to fork many sessions for just
an update/commit.

Best Regards,
olli