Need for igb(4) driver support with ALTQ

Diego Salvador salvador_d13 at yahoo.com.ph
Sat Nov 15 06:03:50 PST 2008

Max Laier <max at love2party.net> wrote: On Friday 14 November 2008 09:17:45 Diego Salvador wrote:
> Hi, I have read from this mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2008-August/019224.html
> about igb(4) driver support in FreeBSD for newer releases of Intel Gigabit
> NICs but unfortunately I haven't found any support for altq(4). If someone
> could provide some patch on this, then I am willing to test.

according to the code, igb(4) supports ALTQ since it was first committed back
in February.  What makes you think that it isn't?

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org
Hi Max,

First of all, thank you for answering my concern because you are right, igb(4)
driver already supports ALTQ. Second, please always consider that some
users will read manual pages first posted in the web site before or without
reading  the code because altq(4) man page, doesn't say so. Lastly, I was
asking you a  polite question so please answer question professionally and
ethically.

Regards,
Diego