Bacula File/Storage Connection Woes using PF

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 26 08:51:27 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 03:41:02PM +0100, Dalibor Gudzic wrote:
> From: http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/
> Status
>
> The port is part of the base system of FreeBSD 5.X as of March, 8th 2004.
>
>    - In RELENG_5 - pf is at OpenBSD 3.5
>    - In RELENG_6 - pf is at OpenBSD 3.7
>    - In RELENG_7 - pf is at OpenBSD 4.1
>    - In HEAD - pf is at OpenBSD 4.1 - at this time.

That's the official home page for FreeBSD pf(4)?  Wow, I had no idea.
I'd have expected it to be on freebsd.org somewhere, especially since
it's such a heavily-relied upon piece of FreeBSD.  Thank you for
pointing me to this!

Regardless, I'll submit a PR to have the version number mentioned in
some pf-related manpages, since users are going to look there first,
logically.

>  It has been said several times on the list as well. :)

Users aren't going to check a mailing list every time they want to know
what version of a program they're using.  :-)