PF rules for internal interface

Vitaliy Vladimirovich artemrts at ukr.net
Wed Mar 26 03:58:18 PDT 2008

--- Original Message --- From: Jeremy Chadwick To: Vitaliy Vladimirovich Date: 26 march, 12:00:30 Subject: Re: PF rules for internal interface > On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:51:52AM +0200, Vitaliy Vladimirovich wrote: > > Hello! I have problem with restriction rules for my internal interface. > > ... > > Please don't stick stuff like this all on one line. It's impossible to > read. > > > This is my rules for $int_if: > > > > pass out quick on $int_if > > block in on $int_if > > pass in on $int_if from $mynet to any > > > > But in this situation computers from another subnets can ping my > > internal interface. Were is my mistake? Thanks in advance. > > Are these the ONLY RULES you have in your pf.conf? > > If not: you must remember that the deny/block in "block in on $int_if" > may get overridden later in the file, depending upon what rules past > that point are. This may be what's happening, assuming later rules do > not specify an interface (thus matching all interfaces). For
 example, > if your rules are: > > pass out quick on $int_if > block in on $int_if > pass in on $int_if from $mynet to any > pass in from $othernet to any > > In this case, the "block" will not happen when incoming packets from > $othernet arrive on $int_if. > > I've two recommendations: > > 1) Consider using "antispoof", if your concern is someone spoofing > packets across $int_if > > 2) Consider using these rules instead: > > pass in quick on $int_if from $mynet to any > pass out quick on $int_if from $mynet to any > block in quick on $int_if > {...other rules...} OK. Below my new rules within your recommendations: int_if="sk0" mynet="10.0.100.0/16" antispoof quick for { lo0 sk0 } pass in quick on $int_if from $mynet to any pass out quick on $int_if from any to $mynet block in quick on $int_if But it is not work. I can ping my server from another host not in mynet. What's wrong??