PF perfomance in freebsd

Igor Zinovik zinovik at kspu.karelia.ru
Tue Mar 11 09:43:56 UTC 2008

         Hello, freebsd-pf@ readers.

I decided to switch from ipf to pf at work.  So i try to explain to
coadmin why pf is better than ipf.  My main arguments for switching from
ipf are that pf is still maintained and feature rich.  Main disadvantage
of ipf is that it is hard to maintain configuration file (since it does
not support macros we created shell script to obtain macro support).

henning at openbsd.org greatly improved pf performance in 2007.  I'd like
to know does this change somehow affects pf performance on freebsd.  If
it matters we are running freebsd RELENG_5.
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=118037274607974&w=2