Kernel Tuning

Lorenz Helleis lorenzhelleis at yahoo.com.br
Wed Mar 5 19:20:21 UTC 2008

hello,

Someone know how to increase the performance of a firewall using things like kernel tuning??

I had a problem with dropped packets , and to solve this i change some itens on sysctl,

net.inet.ip.ifq.maxlen=50

i change this value to 1024 to solve my problem...

Someone know other values to change to increase the performance ? or to prevent some problem?

thanks..

sorry about my english mistakes ;)

Provérbios 1:27

    Mas Deus escolheu as coisas loucas deste mundo para confundir as
sábias; e Deus escolheu as coisas fracas deste mundo para confundir as
fortes;

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/