kern/116645: pfctl -k does not work in securelevel 3

James Lauser james at jlauser.net
Fri Nov 16 10:01:00 PST 2007

I understand that this is defined behavior, which is why I filed the
PR as a change-request.  I believe it would be useful to modify the
state table as a means of preventing an ongoing attack, even if the
kernel is in securelevel 3.  Changes to the state table are not
technically changes to the firewall rules.  It is currently possible,
however, to make changes to pf tables through pfctl -T, even in
securelevel 3, and this feature _is_ actually changing the firewall
rules (though this may be an unintended feature).

--  James L. Lauser
     james at jlauser.net
     Owner, jlauser.net Hosting Services
     http://jlauser.net/