pflogd not logging certain rules

syle ishere syleishere at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:34:08 PST 2007

Your right, I had a rule up top , when I was testing from home, it passed me in and ignored all other rules
which is exactly what I wanted. I tried from another IP on the internet and the rule did in fact log.
Sorry for wasting time with this post.

This is excellent software, I've spent about 2 days now completely learning it. I;ve read all the man pages,
and different examples on the internet.

Here are some of my suggestions to make it even better or maybe you can suggest ways to do it:
2 points I have are:
a) tcp.established definable on a per rule basis (why I say this is alot of times you want to have a global value for the established timeout state, but there are times that you;d like to say, not timeout your ssh session from home for a week/month period)
b) program interaction with a ruleset ( I beleive this one is what will make any firewall rule all the other ones, a way to execute a program if a ruleset returns TRUE.) Typical example, firewall matches one of your rules, rule returns true, executes a program where we can evaluate some conditions, passing variables such as IP and PORT, program then executes pfclt to add that IP to the table or anything else.

Dan.