how best to block this port 25 traffic/spam?

albinootje albinootje at gmail.com
Thu May 31 22:45:38 UTC 2007

snowcrash wrote:

> i'd LIKE to simply BLOCK, with NO logging, these nosiy, from- at -hotmail
> connections at the fw PRIOR to spamd ever seeing them.
--- cut for brevity ---
> (a) install a small SMTP server on the router to ONLY reject at CBL
> *prior* to passing on to spamd

i recommend assp : http://assp.sourceforge.net/

assp = anti-spam smtp proxy

if installed correctly it will sit in front of your smtp-server,
in my opinion it works awesome, and has lots of options, RBL being one
of them

beware however... make sure you look at all the option and do not just
go with all the default examples in the web-interface

HTH