How to balance my own outgoing traffic?

Eduardo Meyer dudu.meyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:38:53 UTC 2007

Yes, round-robin will do. My problem is how to do this, I have tried
the following kiind of approach:
On 3/27/07, Joe Holden <joe at joeholden.co.uk> wrote:
> Eduardo Meyer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a multihomed squid box with two direct-to-internet cable links.
> > however they come from different telecoms, so, no way to use advanced
> > routing since I am not an AS. The deal is to make policy routing.
> >
> > However, besides doing route-to on a NAT box for whole networks, I
> > have no idea on how to route-to my own traffic, which is what I need
> > now.
> >
> > I can set my squid outgoing_ip to whatever I want.
> >
> > How can I balance my own outgoing traffic? Suggestions?
> >
> You can use PF in a round-robin style configuration to balance it,
> although as far as I am aware, it isn't exactly 50/50.
>
> Not sure what else to suggest

pass out on $ext_if route-to { ($ext_if1 $ext_gw1), ($ext_if2
$ext_gw2) } round-robin proto tcp from $myown to any flags S/SA
modulate state

However I can not, say, route-to $ext_gw2 traffic from $ext_ifi1's IP
address. I need to combine it with NAT, right?

How to do this is what I am confused.