/dev/fd/7 reference?

Wade Hovind whovind at alentus.com
Wed Nov 22 17:31:52 UTC 2006

Hello,

Please assume I know little of what I'm talking about on this one.

Recently installed spamd on a clear FreeBSD 6.1

Spamd works fine until I turn on greylisting and then I get the following
error:

pfctl: /dev/fd/7: No such file or directory

Found a reference to the error with the following advice/solution:

"You have to mount a fdescfs(5) filesystem in order to get this working."

The problem is I don't know how to do this.  Took a few stabs using
mount_fdescfs but I clearly don't know what the heck I'm doing on this one.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wade Hovind