Having a couple of issues

Daniel Hartmeier daniel at benzedrine.cx
Sun Nov 12 00:16:07 UTC 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 11:38:53PM +0000, Kimi Ostro wrote:

> The clients are users of FreeBSD, KDE and Mozilla Firefox.
>
> So I guess it is harmless? am I the only one to have this issue?? I
> did not find much about it.

I'd say it's harmless.

It could be interesting to find out why this just popped up now, after
having been undetected for years before. I'm just curious about why a
client would do that.

Maybe it is somehow related to how client stacks react to running out
of source ports under high connection establishment rates. Something
like dropping one tcpcb that is not yet fully established to free up a
port for another new connection? And generating a RST to the peer of the
dropped tcpcb? Has something like that been added or enabled by default
recently in FreeBSD?

Daniel