authpf.

Daniel Hartmeier daniel at benzedrine.cx
Fri May 26 08:40:54 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 04:52:33PM +0200, Peter Ankerstål wrote:

> I am using authpf for my wifi-network. But I want to redirect all of the
> http-traffic to a webserver to show a "error message" when not
> authenticated via authpf. But how to "remove" this rule when I
> authenticate? As far as I know authpf just adds rules to the ruleset.

Ah, sometimes more is less :)

Assume you have a generic redirection like

  rdr on $int_if proto tcp to port 80 -> 127.0.0.1 8088

where 127.0.0.1:8088 is the web server with the error page, you can get
a particular client not redirected by adding a rule in front of it, like

  no rdr on $int_if proto tcp from 10.1.2.3 to port 80

It has to be added in front because the first matching translation rule
wins (unlike filter rules). I.e. place the rdr-anchor before the generic
redirect, and add a 'no rdr' with authpf.

Daniel