carp with IPv6 broken on 6.1-RELEASE

Guy Brand gb at isis.u-strasbg.fr
Fri May 12 08:18:31 UTC 2006

On 11 mai at 15:25, Philippe Pegon wrote:

> it seems that carp is broken on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE when an inet6
> address is configured on a carp interface. Since I upgraded from 6.0 to
> 6.1 (today) I can't see IPv6 carp advertisement with tcpdump.
>
> Did someone else notice this ?

  I had not tested CARP using IPv6 on 6.0, but I confirm what you
  write on a FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #1: Tue May  9 07:51:45 CEST 2006
  with two bge interfaces having only v6 addresses and carped using a
  v6 address too. No advertisements on interfaces. It works with v4
  (and even without IP address at all!).

  BTW, has someone tried to import Ryan McBride's patch for carpdev
  support in FreeBSD?

  Cheers
  gb