Something is wrong

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Thu May 4 05:33:13 UTC 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 05:40, Aguiar Magalhaes wrote:
> I have a lot of Windows Internet Explorer browsers in
> the
> LAN and they are marked to use the proxy at 3128 port.
>
> The pf and squid are in the same machine. I'm not
> using transparent proxy on pf. I don't have any
> redirections to proxy.

and there is your problem.  If your client is configured to use the proxy it
will just do that.  That means it won't even attempt to make a direct
connection to any server.  IIRC you can configure ie to exclude certain IP
ranges or domains from being proxied.  That would be one way to go.  Another
one is to fix the configuration of your proxy.  The last one is to use
transparent proxying, in which case you can use pf to decide wether or not
the proxy should be used.