maximum number of queues

J. Buck Caldwell freebsd at bitparts.org
Mon Jun 26 13:32:53 UTC 2006

Ronnel P. Maglasang wrote:
> hi, is there a maximum system limit for the number of queues for
> altq? is this settable/tunable? whats the default limit?

I'm not sure about this - but if you're using PRIQ, there are 16
priorities available (0-15), and I don't think you can have multiple
queues with the same priority (although I could be wrong).

What I want to know is if there is a way to show how much memory pf's
queues, state tables, etc. are taking up. Right now, I'm assigning a tag
on 'in $int_if', assigning a queue based on that tag on 'out $ext_if',
and keeping state in both spots. Seems like this would double the amount
of memory the state tables would need, but I don't know how to check
and/or do it better.