pfsync after reboot does not synchronize

Kian Mohageri kian.mohageri at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 03:19:58 PDT 2006

> As you can see, no IP is put on the sync interface; it is merely
> configured up.  Auto-negotiation succeeds on both ends of the cross
> cable:

All the examples I've seen give the syncdev an IP address, my setup
included.  I'd try that.  It's strange that it works partially without
having done that, though.  Maybe someone with more pfsync knowledge could
explain why for me?  I'd imagine it has something to do with sending out via
multicast.

http://www.benzedrine.cx/pf/msg04781.html

> Note that the "set skip" is on the pfsync0 pseudo interface, while the
> "pass quick" is on the actual fxp0 interface.

My apologies, I misread that :)

Is there a protocol other than pfsync that should be permitted on that
> interface?  I didn't expect I'd see any other protocol there, so I
> didn't bother to allow anything else.

You don't need anything other than pfsync to pass on fxp0 for this to work.

Kian