pfsync after reboot does not synchronize

Kian Mohageri kian.mohageri at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 19:01:35 PDT 2006

1.  Why does pfsync synchronize the state tables when I use the

>     "ifconfig syncdev" trick to force a bulk update, yet it does
>     not do this when the system is booting up?

What does your rc.conf look like?

2.  Why does pfsync keep repeating the bulk update request and then give
>     up?  What message is not getting through?

Are you running the same versions of everything on all nodes?  Different
versions of pfsync can sometimes not keep state with eachother (3.8 ->
3.9comes to mind).

The two cluster members have a direct cross-cable between them.  My PF
> policy has these settings:
>
>     set skip on pfsync0
>
>     pass quick on fxp0 proto pfsync     # $pfsync_syncdev

Won't fix your problem, but if you 'set skip' on that interface, you don't
need to 'pass quick' as filtering isn't applied.

Kian