enable passive/active ftp

eculp at bafirst.com eculp at bafirst.com
Fri Jul 28 17:50:01 UTC 2006

Quoting elmer <elmer.rivera at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using pf on freebsd6.1. how do I enable ftp passive and active.
> Im following the pfmanual but my users cant establish a connection.
> Is there a debugging for the ftp-proxy?

IIRC you need to open the following ports for pasive ftp but I could be
wrong.  I seldom allow ftp.

# pass in on $ext_if inet proto tcp from any to ($ext_if) port
49152:65534 flags S/SA keep state

I also redirect ftp to a non-priviledged port something like:

# rdr on $int_if proto tcp from any to any port 21 -> 127.0.0.1 port 10021

You will need to configure your ftp daemon also and then season to
taste and it should work.  Someone please correct me, if I've missed
something.

ed