pf used as a module from buildkernel can't log in -current ?

Antoine Brodin antoine.brodin at laposte.net
Sun Oct 30 10:50:05 PST 2005

Hi,

I use pf as a module on -current and it worked well until recently.
Today I noticed that pflogd didn't log anything.  It worked correctly
a month ago.

This seems to be related to revision 1.8 of sys/modules/pf/Makefile

pf says it logs packets :

%%%
# pfctl -sr -v | grep -A1 log
block return-rst log inet proto tcp all
  [ Evaluations: 847       Packets: 8         Bytes: 408         States: 0     ]
block return-icmp(port-unr) log inet proto udp all
  [ Evaluations: 847       Packets: 58        Bytes: 27811       States: 0     ]
%%%

but /var/log/pflog stays empty

opt_pf.h is empty too (that's why I say it's probably related to
revision 1.8 of sys/modules/pf/Makefile) :

%%%
% file /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BARTON/opt_pf.h
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BARTON/opt_pf.h: empty
%%%

If I rebuild pf.ko in /sys/modules/pf , unload the other one and reload
this one pflogd does his job.

Is this behaviour expected ?

Cheers,

Antoine