samba and smbfs

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sat Nov 5 18:30:50 PST 2005

Hello,
    I've got a pf firewall on a box that blocks by default. I want samba to
listen on the internal interface only, this happens, yet machines still
can't get to the samba box. The relevant rules are below. I'm also trying to
mount some xp shares via smbfs this too is not working probably for the same
reason. Can someone tell me where my rules went wrong?
Thanks.
Dave.

# allow internal samba
pass in quick on $int_if inet proto tcp from $int_if:network to ($int_if)
port 137 flags S/SA modulate state
pass in quick on $int_if inet proto tcp from $int_if:network to ($int_if)
port 138 flags S/SA modulate state
pass in quick on $int_if inet proto tcp from $int_if:network to ($int_if)
port 139 flags S/SA modulate state
pass in quick on $int_if inet proto tcp from $int_if:network to ($int_if)
port 445 flags S/SA modulate state
pass in quick on $int_if inet proto udp from $int_if:network to ($int_if)
port 137 keep state
pass in quick on $int_if inet proto udp from $int_if:network to ($int_if)
port 138 keep state
pass in quick on $int_if inet proto udp from any to ($int_if) port 139 keep
state
pass in quick on $int_if inet proto udp from any to ($int_if) port 445 keep
state
pass quick on $int_if from ($int_if) to $int_if:broadcast keep state