ALTQ on vlan interface

Jon Simola jsimola at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:37:47 PDT 2005

On 5/31/05, Benjamin Lauziere <blauziere at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying get ALTQ to work on a vlan interface. When I try to load
> my pf config file I get this error:

Heh, I asked this exact question before, and even wrote up some
patches, but the "official" word is from Max Laier:
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-net/2005-February/006456.htm

Here's the bits from my pf.conf (vlan100's parent is em1):

altq on em0 cbq bandwidth 100Mb queue { default_ext, throttle_ext }
queue default_ext qlimit 200 cbq(default)
queue throttle_ext bandwidth 128Kb cbq(red ecn)

altq on em1 cbq bandwidth 100Mb queue { default_int, throttle_int, e10_int }
queue default_int cbq(default)
queue throttle_int bandwidth 128Kb cbq(ecn)
queue e10_int bandwidth 9Mb cbq(ecn)

pass out quick on em0 from <throttled_ips> to any keep state queue throttle_ext
pass out on em0

pass in on vlan100 keep state
pass out quick log on vlan100 from any to <throttled_ips> keep state
queue throttle_int
pass out on vlan100 keep state

--
Jon Simola