ALTQ on vlan interface

Benjamin Lauziere blauziere at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:23:51 PDT 2005

I am trying get ALTQ to work on a vlan interface. When I try to load
my pf config file I get this error:

fw# pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf
pfctl: vlan50: driver does not support altq

I searched the web and the only relevant thing that I found is this:

> >   * I have been testing the vlan(4) driver and found that it wouldn't
> >     get ALTQ-enabled if it was loaded as a separate module instead of
> >     compiled in kernel. This possibly goes with any network interface
> >     dynamically loaded and needs further investigations.

(This come from
http://daemon.rofug.ro/mailarchive/freebsd-altq.2004-01/msg00006.html)

I tryed to compile the vlan driver in the kernel by adding "device
vlan" in the kernel config file and then recompiling & installing the
new kernel but I am getting the same error.

My question is Is it possible to have ALTQ working on a vlan interface
? And if yes, how ?

Thanks,

Ben