ftp-proxy question [ FIXED ]

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at seton.org
Wed May 18 10:36:53 PDT 2005

Fai,

Doah! Im a goofball. I have 4 firewalls up at the moment with two
different internet providers. I forgot to add routes in my core to
forward traffic to the respective firewalls external interface
addresses. For some reason, I assumed the ftp-proxy daemon would bind to
the internal interface to the host data connections internally. I guess
the old saying, "when you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME" holds
water here. Or at least "An ass out of ME" in this case ;) Thanks again
for your response and sorry for confusing your use of the -n switch.

BTW : Congrats to Max and Gleb for all the hard work that has gone into
porting pf + carp to FreeBSD. This makes my life a whole lot easier and
is saving the company I work for a BUNDLE of money when compared to the
proprietary firewall package it is replacing.

Thanks, really!!!

Matthew