Pf in 4.11

Greg Hennessy Greg.Hennessy at nviz.net
Thu May 12 11:20:38 PDT 2005

I assume this is internet facing ? If so, do you really have a 25 megabit
full duplex pipe to the net ?

You don't appear to have implemented any form of ACK prioritisation,

http://www.benzedrine.cx/ackpri.html

Its not optional when running links flat out.

PRIQ/CBQ are not exactly precision instruments when it comes to packet
shaping, HFSC is better IMHO.

On a side note, I've recently rolled out a 3.4 ghz xeon running 5.4 for a
customer and it iperfed under soak test @ ~800 megabits/sec through a pair
of em.

25 megabits wouldn't tax one of P2-350s I have here as crash and burn test
servers.

Greg