pfsync + pfflowd + flow-tools (ifconfig maxupd)?

Jon Simola jsimola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:31:10 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:12:50 -0500 (EST), vsavichev at wesleyan.edu
<vsavichev at wesleyan.edu> wrote:

> that SOMEFILE gets occassionaly updated. man pfsync says that
> state infomation  refreshment is condensed which is controled by
> maxupd parameter to ifconfig (equal by default to 128).
> For some reason FreeBSD (5.3-stable) version of ifconfig has
> no maxupd option, OpenBSD does. So we believe now, pfsync iface
> in that incarnation of FreeBSD has no way to change this parameter
> and hence to fine tune state information update frequency.

I see the appropriate code in src/sbin/ifconfig/ifpfsync.c

        if (preq.pfsyncr_syncif[0] != '\0') {
                printf("\tpfsync: syncif: %s maxupd: %d\n",
                    preq.pfsyncr_syncif, preq.pfsyncr_maxupdates);
        }

and I can set the maxupd on a pfsync interface:

bash-3.00# ifconfig pfsync0 syncif em0 maxupd 64
bash-3.00# ifconfig pfsync0
pfsync0: flags=0<> mtu 1348
        pfsync: syncif: em0 maxupd: 64

The only thing I can see is that it will not actually display or do
anything unlss there is a syncif set.

--
Jon Simola
Systems Administrator