PF & BLOCK MP3 (AVI)

alex-bsd alex-bsd at yandex.ru
Sun Jul 10 11:13:46 GMT 2005

It agree, that filtering mp3, porno and other by means of FIREWALL, it not absolutely classical function for FIREWALLS.
There are sites which suggest to bypass an interdiction to clients on uploading mp3 (changing expansion of files and other dodges), but I consider that workers working in our organization do not have necessity to visit sites in which name to be a word mp3 and "porno":)
> Indeed, many commercial firewall vendors offer content inspection in their products because customers want to buy it.
Unfortunately, I do not know similar let and commercial realizations similar let under BSD, capable to filter content on FIREWALLS.

IMHO if to lead interrogation among users PF, they would would like that similar functionality has been added in FIREWALLS, is assured that 80 % answered with pleasure would see it in new versions PF!

On Linux in IPTABLES it is remarkable works, and I do not see the global reasons why on BSD in PF it cannot be realized, even in the form of a patch or something similar?!??!

P.S. It is insulting, that I has answered a question only my compatriot, and developers led by Daniel Hartmeier it have ignored: (.