DiffServ with altq

Tiago Sousa tmas at dei.uc.pt
Fri Jul 1 00:46:08 GMT 2005

Hello to all

I am using FreeBSD5.4 with the last snap of kame.

My goal is to install the diffserv model in my test-bed. How can I do it?

As far as I know, at this moment, pf can do the work and is already
integrated in freebsd kernel.

The problem is that i´m trying to compile the kame kernel with the altq
options and, although no compilations error occurs, when I am configuring
the rc.conf options, namely, when I add the ipv6_enable or
ipv6_gateway_enable options an error occurs:

in6_if2idlen:unknown link type (34)

in6_if2idlen:unknown link type (249)

in6_if2idlen:unknown link type (244)

Anyone knows how can I solve this error?

After this step I just need to configure the pf.conf in order to have the
diffserv model? Is that correct?

I am a bit lost and I would appreciate dome help

Thanks,

Tiago Sousa