How to determine "hits" on rules

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Sat Jan 15 09:23:56 PST 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 17:13, I wrote:
> No, there is no such functionality.  In fact, we don't even store such data
> in the rules.  For rules that create state, you can check the output of
> "$pfctl -vvss" for the newest state for a certain rule.  For rules that do
> logging, you can check /var/log/pflog for the last packet logged.
>
> I don't really see the point in this information.  Why do you want to know
> this?  Can you explain a bit - it's certainly not difficult to implement.

In any case: "pfctl -vsr" will give you counters on each rule.

If you use a table to store the spammer-addresses, you might find: "pfctl
-vvTshow -t table_name" interesting.

Check: http://www.benzedrine.cx/relaydb.html for a step-by-step tutorial, how
to deal with spammers with the help of pf.  This might give you some ideas.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org