Timestamp on packets?

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Jan 12 08:13:28 PST 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 04:44, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> After reading through the manpage for pfctl, I wonder if there's a
> mechanism/equivalent for PF that shows the timestamp of the last "hit"
> on a rule... similar to "ipfw -t"...?

No, there is no such functionality.  In fact, we don't even store such data in
the rules.  For rules that create state, you can check the output of "$pfctl
-vvss" for the newest state for a certain rule.  For rules that do logging,
you can check /var/log/pflog for the last packet logged.

I don't really see the point in this information.  Why do you want to know
this?  Can you explain a bit - it's certainly not difficult to implement.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org