Fwd: pf + pfsync + carp testing ...

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Mon Feb 28 22:26:45 GMT 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 22:54, Matthew Grooms wrote:
<...>
> Is the ifconfig change part of the patch located at ...
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~glebius/totest/carp-RELENG_5-patch
>
> ... as I have not applied it yet. I assumed the pfsync ifconfig changes
> were already in the RELENG_5 branch. Did I make a poor assumption?

Okay, looks like this is confusing.  You are not to blame for this, Matthew!

Here is a walkthrough for testing this:
 0) Patch is located in your home directory.  You should know what to fill in
    for <cvs_repo> (anoncvs at ... or /some/path).
 1) Checkout a *clean* RELENG_5
    $ cd /usr && rm -rf src && cvs -d <cvs_repo> co -rRELENG_5 src
 2) Apply the patch:
    $ cd /usr/src && patch -p0 < ~/carp-RELENG_5-patch
    Note the -p0 to get new files.
 3) Look for rejects:
    $ find . -name \*.rej
 4) Normal {build, install}{world, kernel} dance.

Hope this helps.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org