AW: freebsd-pf Digest, Vol 64, Issue 5

GobbleDeGeek gobbledegeek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 07:41:07 PST 2005

Thats a good feature. My idea about over-riding local with remote policy
  is to minimize local per host configuration effort - in the absence of
a centralized configuration tool. With the interface up and running, we
don't want a liberal local policy even for a 30-40 seconds, while remote
policy is being downloaded... although this concern is more about
viruses that pf may not filter anyways...

Rgrds