Bug Report (system crash with GRE and NAT)

Hexren me at hexren.net
Thu Aug 11 16:09:52 GMT 2005

We tried to run NAT on GRE sessions. That failed with more than 1 host
in the NATed network using GRE. ( GRE NAT is after all not really
supported as far as I can see,so no big surprise here)
The unfortunate thing that I would call a bug is that the gateway did
not fail gracefuly (dropping the sessions involved) but died completly to the
point where only power cycling brought it back.

Kind Regards and thanks for the work that goes into making pf
work under FreeBSD.

Oliver Steenbuck