Simple configuration

Brian John brianjohn at fusemail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:33:22 PDT 2005

Hello,
I just want to setup a simple configuration.  I am using my FreeBSD
desktop for 3 things:
- p2p downloading
- Browsing and Mail
- ssh

Right now ssh always times out on me when I try to connect to this box
remotely, I think it is probably because I am downloading too much.  I
want to make my p2p programs be able to use my full bandwidth, but when
a client is trying to ssh in or I want browse or check mail I want those
to take priority over downloading (or at least not timeout).  I have a
DSL modem which averages about 2 Mb.  I've been working on my pf.conf
for several hours now and so far it just doesn't seem to be working.  I
spent a lot of time reading the manual and looking up stuff on Google
but it seems everyone else's uses are much more complex than mine.

Attached is my pf.conf.  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

/Brian