Using ppp/tun0 manually, how to trigger 'pf' automaticaly

Hexren me at hexren.net
Thu Apr 7 08:33:15 PDT 2005

> Quoting "O. Hartmann" <ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de>:

>> Hello.
>>
>> I use the ppp utility to configure and setup a line (at the moment no
>> other way possible). How can I trigger 'pfctl -F all -f /etc/pf.conf'
>> after the line has been setup to make pf working with the tun0 assigned IP?

> Me Too. Amazing, I was just going to ask that question.  I finally have
> a "working" pf on another machine as of 30 minutes ago and want to
> install it in place of ppp -nat on another server to have a similar
> configuration between home and work machines.  Somewhere in my reading
> about pf configurations, I saw a howto or an email that was basically a
> simple howto use it with pf but I still haven't found it.:(  I'm going
> to keep searching and will let you know if I am able to find it.

> thanks,

> ed
>>
>> Or are there other way doing so?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Oliver

See man ppp under files:
/etc/ppp/ppp.linkup
Most basicly the contents of this file are executed after a connection
has been established.

I dont know what kind of firewall you're using but maybe this is
helpfull to:
Have you thought about using something like "( tun0 )". To my
understanding this means "packets that come in through a IP address
associated with the interface tun0".

Hexren