[pf4freebsd] Re: pflogd patch: looking for non-i386 testers

Pyun YongHyeon yongari at kt-is.co.kr
Wed Sep 15 21:14:12 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:54:15PM +0200, Max Laier wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/71096
 >
 > slightly face-lifted patch at:
 > http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/pflogd.diff
 >
 > Please give it a try if you have non-i386 gear. I'd like to commit it as soon
 > as possible to put it in RELENG_5 as well ... so please - hurry ;)

It works on sparc64. And I think the kldload issue is correct since
there is no pflog kernel module.(Of course kldxref(8) correctly handle
this case, but it can confuse users.)

BTW, I ecountered pf checksum error on hme(4). As you know, we already
fixed byte-ordering issue in pf_check_proto_cksum(). And at that time,
if my memory serve right, I tested the patch on hme(4).(I can't sure
I enabled RX/TX checksum offloads on hme(4) though.)

On latest 6-CURRENT, pf drops packet due to checksum error. If I
disable RX checksum offload on hme(4) pf works OK. However, I don't
think there is a problem in hme(4) since the hme works well on normal
network stack. Any clues?

Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon
--