[pf4freebsd] Re: Carp work (re)started

sam samwun at hgdbroadband.com
Wed Sep 15 21:12:21 PDT 2004

Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 11:10:34AM +0800, sam wrote:
> > Max Laier wrote:

> > ><...>

> > >err .. NO! ... each patchset is complete. You just check out a clean tree
> > >and apply the most recent set (while hoping that it does not create
> > >rejects).
> > >

> > Hi, do I still need RANDOM_IP_ID in the kernel configuration file?
>
>Probably not.
>You need a sysctl OID in sysctl.conf(5) in latest -CURRENT.
>
>net.inet.ip.random_id=1
>
> > I got the following error with options RANDOM_IP_ID in the kernel conf file:
> >
> > # config SEC5-2a
> > SEC5-2a: unknown option "RANDOM_IP_ID"
> >
> > I enclosed portion of the kernel conf file:
> > #-------for PF configuration -----#
> > device          bpf
> > options         PFIL_HOOKS
> > options         RANDOM_IP_ID
> >
> > device          pf              # required
> > device          pflog           # optional
> > device          pfsync          # optional
> >
> > device          CARP
> > #---------------------------------#
> >
> > Thanks
> > sam

Hi, do  you know how to build it with CARP support?
I tried the commandline "config mykern", and it returned error like
"unkown device CARP"
After commented out the "device CARP" in mykern file, the "config
mykern" works.
But doing a "make depend;make" in the ../compile/mykern/ directory
returned error:
../../../net/if_ethersubr.c: In function `ether_demux':
../../../net/if_ethersubr.c:697: warning: label `pre_stats' defined but
not used
*** Error code 1
I known the new way of building the kernel is "make buildkernel=mykern"
in the /usr/src directory. But it had error with opt_carp.* not found
when I did that 3 months ago. As far as I known, all the opt_*.h files
are generated by the executing the command "config mykern", so I m
wondering whether "make buildkernel=mykern does create opt_*h now,
especially the opt_carp.h file.

Thanks
sam