[pf4freebsd] Re: test of /usr/src patch

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 20:55:23 PDT 2004

Hello Marcel,

MF> Hello,
MF> 	I've tested today a patch for the FreeBSD source tree and I've
MF> encountered a problem while compiling the kernel :
MF> (...)
MF> /usr/src/sys/net/if_pflog.c:146: error: structure has no member named `if_unit'
MF> /usr/src/sys/net/if_pflog.c:161: error: structure has no member named `if_name'

MF> The userland part (whole buildworld) compiled without any problems. My FreBSD
MF> version is 5.1-CURRENT ( cvsup from 2. Nov 2003 ). Any ideas ?

This is due to the import of if_xname and the fact, that the patchset is
not yet aware of this change. You will encounter the same error with all
the tarballs and the port. However, I am currently building 2.00-RC1
which will be released soon. I'll sync the patchset right after that.

Thanks for testing, I'll ping to the list as soon as the patchset is
back in sync.

--
Best regards,
 Max                            mailto:max at love2party.net