[pf4freebsd] Re: 'Version' enhancement request

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Sep 15 20:49:06 PDT 2004

> Max, /sbin/pftcpdump doesn't have a $Name: VERSION_1_63 string.  Not sure
about
> any of the contrib binaries, haven't rebuilt pftop nor built any others to
check.

pftcpdump was intentionally left without. This whole pftcpdump thing is
nothing I am too happy with right now. We will see how we continue on this
matter.
The contrib stuff will have something to determin what version of pfvar.h
was used to build the app (as this is the neccessary information to determin
if you need to rebuild it) in the next release. Changes in the application
itself are documented in the port-Makefiles (pkg_info(1))

Regards,
    Max