[pf4freebsd] Re: pf 1.59 and ALTQ install trouble (success)

cipherbk cipherbk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 20:43:19 PDT 2004

I went back, started from scratch and did it once more, building and
installing the kernel using the old way.  I also had to add this to the
kernel because I'm using SMP:

options ALTQ_NOPCC

I know the PF README.ALTQ says not to enable any other ALTQ options,
but there was no way around this, aside from disabling SMP (which isn't
an option).

It's working now and the modules are loaded, I just need to throw some
rules in there to test it out, but I'm exhausted.

I created a symbolic link as per the ALTQ instructions:
ln -s /usr/src/sys.altq /usr/src/sys

Which should have resolved that, but I didn't try to do it the new way
this last time.  I just wanted to get it installed and working.  Maybe
someone else can try it.

Thanks for the feedback.